Mai postánkból. Maribel Yasmina Santos, az AGILE titkárán keresztül érkezett az alábbi figyelemfelhívás:
In view of stimulating active participation to the AGILE 2013 conference by scientists, especially PhD students, an AGILE 2013 grant programme has been initiated. This year particular focus will be on supporting authors of papers and posters from Southern and Eastern European countries. Applicants from other countries are also welcome of course.
The AGILE Grant Programme will allocate 15 grants (scholarships) to AGILE 2013 attendees, with priority given to PhD students. Grants are sponsored by ESRI (10 grants) and AGILE (5 grants). An applicant must have submitted a paper or a poster. The estimated value of each grant is approximately 500 Euro (covering full conference registration and a maximum of 4 nights in a hotel chosen by the conference organizers).
The AGILE Council will manage all transactions, including hotel payments and payment of the conference registration fee. Grantees must however make their own hotel reservation and take care of the conference registration themselves. More details will be provided to successful applicants.
Those interested in the programme, please send an e-mail to Fred Toppen ( email@example.com) before 15/02/2013, having as subject "AGILE 2013 grant" and include the following information:
· Full name (surname in UPPER CASE);
· Institution full address;
· Full personal contact details including e-mail address, telephone and fax number;
· Gender (male/female);
· Professional status (professor, PhD-student, student, government researcher, full-time or part-time student, etc.);
· If you are an AGILE 2013 conference paper/poster (co-)author;
· A ONE-PAGE letter of interest highlighting the impossibility of getting (sufficient) other sources of funding, the strategic value of applicants institution within the country of origin, and the importance for applicant to attend the AGILE 2013 conference, also with respect to the scientific expectations of the applicant.
A Grant selection committee will evaluate all applicants and make a final choice. Results of the selection procedure will be communicated before 15 March 2013.
Chairs AGILE 2013
Maribel Yasmina Santos
Secretary-elect AGILE Council
Association of Geographic Information Laboratories for Europe
Department of Information Systems
University of Minho
Campus de Azurém, 4800-058 Guimarães, Portugal